Nomination & Interview by Shayna Fink Submitted by Rachael Kisver Pennsylvania
The nomination: Rachael Kisver- cares for others, has a great personality, and has multiple friends who model for Inspiring Teens! 1. I became interested in tennis when I was four years old. I soon came to love the sport. I played at local clubs till I was in 7th grade and played for my middle school team This is now my seconded year playing for my high school. It is so cool being able to meet different people from other schools. Of course, I love playing with all the girls on my team!
2. During the summer I go to Camp Harlam. It is the place that is always on my mind and camp is somewhere I always want to be. I love camp because not only is it home to me, I also have all my best friends there. The community is so safe and welcoming, and I know it is the place I can be myself. At camp we have sports, arts, and lots of bunk bonding!
3. Besides my two parents I have a younger sister and a dog. I get along with my sister (most of the time) and we both have similar interests including tennis. I love sitting in bed and watching Netflix. I am currently watching Grey's Anatomy. I enjoy creative writing as well as reading a good book.
4. I am currently attending confirmation classes at my synagogue a few times a month. This means that I will soon be able to help in Hebrew school classrooms and I have completed my religious school journey! I volunteer with kids who have disabilities, helping them play baseball and tennis. This is one of the things I look forward to most throughout the year. The kids make me so happy and I love making a difference!
5. My favorite thing about school is getting to walk to and from classes with my friends. It is a good break and I can catch up with everyone. I also enjoy English class. I love being able to write and get all my thoughts down on paper. I am taking a psychology class next semester which I am very excited for.
6. After high school I plan on going to a college not very close to home. I do not exactly know what career path I want to take. I do know that I do not want a job where I am sitting in a desk. I would prefer one that has a lot of communicating and talking in front of others. Public speaking is one of the things I really like. I hope to soon discover a career that makes a difference in others’ lives!