An interview with teen dancer Madison Dedieu by Olivia Bush for the 2017 Winter Issue of Inspiring Teens Magazine
1) What/who inspired you to start dancing? My mom because she was the person who really got me to start dance classes when I was 3, but my biggest dance inspiration right now are my dance teachers.
2) What styles do you currently dance? Jazz, Ballet, Contemporary, Musical Theater, & Tap. Contemporary or Musical Theater would be my favorite because they are both so fun to perform and to express yourself in.
3) What is your favorite dance you have performed? Last season, I performed a Musical Theater dance with six other girls called “I Can Cook Too” from On The Town which placed very high and was so much fun.
4) What is your favorite part about performing? Definitely being able to express myself through all my movements and just being there with these girls that are basically my family. The energy is such a crazy feeling.
5) Have you taken any master dance classes? Yes, I have taken a class at Abby Lee Dance Center in Los Angeles, Alex Wong from So You Think You Can Dance, JoJo Siwa, many dancers from Joffery Ballet School, Katy Perry’s back up dancer Khasan Brailsford, and Courtney Ortiz.
6) Which one is your favorite reality show & would you want to be on it? My favorite has to be World of Dance. I think it would be so much fun and such a cool experience dancing in front of so many people, so yes!
7) If you could dance with any dancer who would it be? I would have to say Eva Iago because she is so close to my age and is such a good dancer and is just someone that I aspire to preform like.
8) How far do you want to take dance? Right now, I want to go to college for dance and be a dance teacher.