Interview with Deke Burrell by Olivia Bush
1) Why did you travel to Spain?
I traveled to Spain because I wanted to meet new people, work on my Spanish and experience what it was like in a different country.
2) What were your feelings about traveling to Spain?
I was very excited for the experience, but I was also nervous about being away from my family.
3) What was your first impression of Spain when you arrived?
I was very cool and different. In a way it was different from the town of Idaho I live in, but it had the same idea as Idaho.
4) What were some of the major differences between the United States and Spain?
The language barrier and the types of food they eat and the rules they have in place.
5) What do they have in Spain that you wish we had in the United States?
Their food in Spain is good and we don’t have anything like it in Idaho.
6) What was your favorite food dish you ate in Spain?
My favorite meal was a dish with yellow rice, shrimp, clams, and mussels
7) What did you dislike about Spain?
I didn’t dislike anything! I loved it all.
8) What was the best thing about going to Spain as a foreign exchange student?
Meeting new people and the lifestyle
9) What was so different about their lifestyle from ours?
Well their rules are very different for example, one night I came downstairs for dinner with bare feet and my host family made me go upstairs and put on socks. They cared a lot about me and were very protective.
10) Finally, how long were you in Spain?
I spent three week there.
Submitted by our members as well as teens across the world.